Coconut-Sweet Potato Fries
Coconut-Sweet Potato Fries Ingredients:
- 1-2 pounds sweet potatoes, 2- 3 large ones
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 Tbsp of chipotle powder, cumin or pumpkin spice…or all three!
Coconut-Sweet Potato Fries Directions:
1 Preheat oven to 450°F
2 Peel the sweet potatoes and cut off the ends. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and then, in half crosswise. Cut each piece into a desirable size.
3 Put the sweet potatoes onto a baking sheet and sprinkle the the coconut oil onto the potatoes. Use your hands…your washed hands! to rub the oil onto the potatoes. Spread the sweet potatoes evenly throughout the pan and sprinkle the remaining spice/s.
4 Bake for a total of 25 to 30 minutes. After the first 10-15 minutes, turn over all of the sweet potato pieces. Return to the oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until they are well browned. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Coconut-Sweet Potato Fries, Fun Facts!
- These are best at 2 am if you need a work break and a delicious snack!
- The young leaves and shoots of sweet potatoes are sometimes eaten as greens.
- In certain parts of the world, sweet potatoes are locally known as camote, kamote, goguma, man thet, ubi jalar, ubi keladi, shakarkand, satsuma imo, batata or el boniato.
- And… these fabulous treats are:
Low in saturated fat
High in dietary fiber
High in potassium
Very high in vitamin A
Very high in vitamin C
Chef at Udaya Retreat Sanctuary in Malibu… and Coconut Sweet Potato Fries Lover!